Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gavin Templeton is here!

Gavin Templeton Moore was born on Monday October 29, 2007 at 11:31pm. I was induced 2 days after my due date because I was in a lot of pain from my back because of the way he was sitting in me. We went in at 6am and was started on an IV of fluids and pitocin to bring on the contractions. I was only 2 cm dialated at this point. Well the day was long and went on and on I feel like! Around 2pm the doctor came in and broke my water--OUCH!!! Contractions started getting really strong so at that point the nurse came in and said the "happy drug guy" was next door if I was ready for the epidural. I quickly said yes!! Thank God for the epidural!!! I labored through the rest of the afternoon and into the evening with hardly any progress. Around 8 the doc said I was 7 cm so things were finally progressing. By 10:15 pm they said I was around 9 cm and close to starting to push. Well then just a few minutes later I was a full 10 and ready to go and needed to call the doctor who was still at home! He came quickly and I started to push. Brian was a great coach and gave me the encouragement that I needed to meet little Gavin! At 11:31 pm Gavin was born with a full head of hair and as happy as could be! We were so amazed and crazy in love with him.



The hospital stay was great and we got to bring him home on halloween! We are adjusting as well as could be expected. No sleep is getting to be tough but we just keep pushing along waiting for the days when he is at least sleeping 3-4 hours through the night instead of every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. However it is all worth if once I am awake enough to look at him in the morning! Brian is a big help with taking a feeding in either the morning or night! He is so good with him and has his own little song to sing to him to calm him down. Gavin loves hearing his daddys voice. I just calms him down when he is fussy.



We couldn't be happier in life and are so blessed with our happy and healthy little boy!

No comments: