Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good bye Percy:(





Well I can't even believe that I'm sitting here writing this, but on Friday we had to make the diffult decision to put our oldest cat Percy down. She was very sick with her kidneys and kidney stones. Over the past year and half she has suffered and more recently had lost a drastic amount of weight. She was only 6 years old. I got Percy from a shelter in Columbus, Oh. when she was just 6 weeks old. She was the only one of all her brothers and sisters that actually came back and put her paws up on the cage as I put her down. Once I saw that I knew Percy was the one to adopt. We had a few good years together and she was always the mean kitty until Brian came into our lives. After that she was Brian's girl and calmed down quite a bit, especially after we adopted her sister Penelope. She and Penelope got along great and would always have fun chirping at the birds in the window sill and play fighting. This is one of the hardest things we've ever gone through. Luckily my parents happened to be in town this past weekend to help lighten our mood! We are going to get another kitty in a couple weeks to fill the void in our house and give Penelope a friend to play with. We will miss you Percy!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Whitney I am so sorry to hear of Percy's passing. I am sure you are missing her so much! She is now in a better place where there is no pain.

I was so happy to hear that you adopted a new little kitty to love!

xoxo
Kim